Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog! Feel free to comment on my posts and don't forget to follow me! I hope you enjoy! :)

Welcome!

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Tiffany Fey and I am 21 years old. I am majoring in Elementary/ Early Childhood/ Special Education and am currently a sophomore/junior at the University of South Alabama. My passion lies in teaching. I love kids and I cannot wait until I am a teacher! I am counting down the days until I can have a classroom I can call my own. ;)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blog Post #5

I read:

Langwitches

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

& Education Podcasting Network

These articles and blogs were very interesting and gave a large amount of information and ideas to use for podcasts in classrooms.

Podcasting





I enjoyed reading the different ways people podcast with children in "Langwitches". The different posts gave me a lot of ideas to use when I start teaching in the classroom, especially the one about the Aunt "reading" to her niece in Brazil. I would love to get my students to record themselves telling a story they wrote and then going home and showing it to their family. I also really liked how the articles described how excited kids get when making their own podcasts, it makes me even more excited to get in the classroom and teach my students about technology!

After reading "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better" it makes me want an iPod! I never realized how useful an iPod could be in the classroom until I began looking at examples while doing assignments in this class. It makes me have a different perspective about bringing technology into the classroom now that I am more aware of what good it could bring with it. I really liked the link about the iPod app that was a "Teacher's Resource". It would be great to be able to have an iPod while teaching a class, because what if a student asks a question that you are not sure about? You could grab your iPod and type the question in and immediately tell your student the answer. It would also be great if every student could have their own iPod that they could store websites and articles on that they can refer to while I am teaching class; it would be like having a book, but more fun!

The last website, "Education Podcasting Network", was a really great website for beginner podcasters. It had "How To's" on podcasts and it also had many examples of podcasts from different schools and podcasts about different school subjects. This website would be great to show students examples of podcasts from other students. Teachers who are just starting out in the classroom can also use this website to start using podcasts in their classrooms and find examples from actual podcasts from other classrooms. This site was a good site to use in preparing to create a podcast or teaching kids how to make one.

These articles/websites were great resources about Podcasts. I will definitely be referring back to them often when creating podcasts in and out of the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of recording story-telling! I think it is a wonderful idea. A lot of kids don't get enough practice reading orally, or so it would seem, and they become nervous about it when they get older, so this would help them improve that skill early on. I also think they would get excited hearing their own voice recorded, and it would make the story more personal and relevant. Great idea, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea for the students to be able to record themselves telling a story or reading a story, because the parents can keep that keepsake forever. Teaching the students on how to use their ipods for school related items is a great idea but I also feel like there is a negative outlook also. I notice a lot of kids with iPods, but if we were to incorporate them in the classroom you are going to have really start monitoring what they are doing on them while you are teaching. I am all for technology but you have to wonder the negative aspects of technology also. Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany,

    Wow! You're already thinking about ways to integrate podcasts into your lessons. Way to go! Excellent post. Keep up the good work!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete