Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog! Feel free to comment on my posts and don't forget to follow me! I hope you enjoy! :)

Welcome!

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Tiffany Fey and I am 21 years old. I am majoring in Elementary/ Early Childhood/ Special Education and am currently a sophomore/junior at the University of South Alabama. My passion lies in teaching. I love kids and I cannot wait until I am a teacher! I am counting down the days until I can have a classroom I can call my own. ;)

Monday, April 25, 2011

C4K Summary

Our last C4K assignment was great! I enjoyed talking to so many children at one time about blogs. Here are my summaries of their posts and their posts:


The first assignment was a video of a talent show on Mr. McClung's Class Blog:

Mr. McClung's World

Here is my comment:

Hello!
My name is Tiffany Fey and I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education. I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class this semester, which is a very enriching class, and I am very glad that he decided to make it an assignment to comment on this blog. I have really enjoyed browsing this site, being able to see students at work and see all of the amazing things they can do encourages me to become a teacher even more! I was assigned to watch and comment on “T-Man Showing Off His Piano Skills”, but I have watched all of the videos and they are wonderful! T-Man’s piano skills are fantastic! I have always loved the piano and I even took a class in high school to try to learn how to play it, but it never quite got me to the point where I could play it like this! The song he decided to play was beautiful as well. I hope that T-Man continues to play the piano because he truly has a gift. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, Mr. McClung, it is definitely a great tool to use in the classroom. If you would like to see my blog you can click Here and you can also follow me on Twitter. I can’t wait to see more great material from your classes!
Thank you!
Tiffany Fey

The next assignment was a comment from Mrs. Yollis' class:

18 February, 2011
Week in Review for 17/02/11
This week in math we were solving riddles. Like for example: There were six eggs in a baskit. Every one took a egg. How can there still be one egg in the baskit? Answer: the last person took the egg in the baskit.
It was a bit confusing but most people enjoyed doing riddls or math problems.

In Inquiry we were focusing on forces. We made our own paper air planes and got to test them. Most of our paper air planes flew well. To do that we had to add some weight to the paper air planes to keep them balanced. We all got tot try putting a paper clip any were around the paper air plane to see were it would work best. Most of us thought that it was best when we put the paper clip in the middle of the paper air plane. Out of this we learned four forces that keep a plane flying which are: Thrust, Drag, Lift and weight.

In English we continued with our explanitory writing.

Thanks H! Glad to see you back!

Mrs. Yollis Class Blog

Here is my comment:

Mrs. Yollis and Students,

My name is Tiffany Fey and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. This semester I am taking Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class and I am thrilled that he assigned your blog as one of our Comments for Kids (C4K). First of all, I would like to thank you, Mrs. Yollis, for your very helpful blog post "Let's Learn Some HTML Code!" I cannot even count how many times I have referred to it for help while posting on my own blog! I have also read many of your other blog posts and this blog is an amazing example of how technology in the classroom is beneficial to all students. Allowing students to use technology in the classroom is something that every teacher needs to do, because it not only helps them teach in a memorable and fun way, but it also helps their students learn how to use technology in an educational way, not just for entertainment.

I will be using blogging in my classroom when I officially become a teacher because I have seen the ways that students can use it to learn. I also love how blogging can be easily seen by family members! I think that it is such a great idea to have Family Blogging Month. It helps students show their family what they are doing in class and it also allows family members to be involved with student's lives even if they live hundreds of miles away. One question I have for Mrs. Yollis is how you involve family members who do not or are not able to own their own computer? Do you have a special day where family members are allowed to come and use computers at the school? I hope to be able to include family members of my future students who do not have a computer, like my own Grandparents! I hope to also use other learning tools like Skype, Wiki's, and the Smart Board, so my students can have a variety of technological tools to use.

I have truly enjoyed reading your blog, so much that I am adding it to my PLN (Personal Learning Network). There are wonderful ideas on here that I could definitely use in my future classroom. Technology is a great learning tool and Mrs. Yollis' students are very lucky to have a teacher who uses it in the classroom. Later this month I will be posting my review of your blog on My Blog. Please feel free to view and comment on my blog! I look forward to reading more of your classes' blog posts. Keep up the good work! :-)

Thank you so much!
~Tiffany Fey

The last post was one from a student in Mrs. Yollis class:

Quality Comments


Today, I wanted to teach everyone how to leave a quality comment.  






The first step in leaving a quality comment is to make a connection. For example, the post said that I had a little guinea pig, and you might say I have a guinea pig, too named Tiny. Here is the comment by Grayson, my classmate, who made a connection with me:
(Click on comment to enlarge.)


 

Also, it is very good to leave a question in your comment to have the person you are talking to be interested, so they want to comment back to you. Grayson left a question in his comment.


  

Then when a blogger comments to you you should comment back to them. So, that is just what I did!
 

   

Finally, you do not want to publish until you are sure that every word is spelled correctly, and you want to make sure that you have used proper grammar. I can tell that Grayson checked his comment before he published because every sentence had proper grammar. Most importantly, all of his words were spelled correctly.


I think that Grayson is a great commenter, and his comment deserves a...
 

three pointer!


Have you ever had a conversation with a friend, a family member, or someone you do not even know?

What is your favorite step in quality commenting?

And here is my final C4K comment:

 Hello Grace,
My name is Tiffany Fey and I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. This semester I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class and one of my assignments is to comment on your blog!
I think it is great that you and your classmates are able to create blogs. Blogging is a great way to meet new people and learn about interesting things. Your instructions on how to give quality comments is very well written and informing. I know people who are my age, in college, and still can't write properly like you and your class can!
To answer your questions, I do have my own blog that I created at the start of this year with directions from Dr. Strange. I enjoy it very much and have had many conversations with friends and people that I do not know. I love decorating my blog with pretty backgrounds and fun pictures. If you would like to see my blog you can click Here!
I hope you and your class continue blogging! What will your next post be about? I cannot wait to see it. Good luck and keep up the good work!
Sincerely,
Tiffany Fey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment