Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog! Feel free to comment on my posts and don't forget to follow me! I hope you enjoy! :)

Welcome!

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Tiffany Fey and I am 21 years old. I am majoring in Elementary/ Early Childhood/ Special Education and am currently a sophomore/junior at the University of South Alabama. My passion lies in teaching. I love kids and I cannot wait until I am a teacher! I am counting down the days until I can have a classroom I can call my own. ;)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Blog Post #11

Technology comic: 'There aren't any icons to click, it's a chalk board.'

Mrs. Cassidy’s methods to use technology in the classroom are awesome! I think it is great to introduce technology into the classroom as soon as Kindergarten, and Mrs. Cassidy’s first grade students are really benefiting from her enthusiasm of using technology in the classroom. I love that her kids already know how to blog and make wiki’s at such a young age, it really does help them learn in a unique and memorable way. I would like to be able to use Flip Cameras in my classroom in the future, like Mrs. Cassidy does, because I think my students would not only enjoy, but also benefit from, using the cameras for various projects. They will be able to video tape each other, which will help them learn how to work in groups and they will also be able to watch themselves speak on the recording, which will allow them to see how they are acting in front of others and will help them enhance their speaking skills. I would also like my students to use the Smart Board often. The first grade class that I am doing my field experience in gets so excited when they are allowed to go to the Smart Board and “click” something and I think it is so great when kids get so excited about learning. So I am going to get my students to use the Smart Board in groups and individually during lessons and for projects. I am going to use blogs as well in my classroom, by either making a class blog or having my students make individual ones. I think when students know that the whole world will be able to view their work, including their parents, they will work harder to make sure they are spelling their words correctly and that they understand what they are writing about. I cannot wait to have my own classroom to use technology in! I am already collecting ideas to use!

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany,

    I am happy to hear that you enjoyed Mrs. Cassidy's class, and I think she does an excellent job incorporating technology into her classroom. The students seem so engaged with the content, and it is evident they are truly learning. I think using Flip Cameras and the SmartBoard is a great idea, and I agree the students will really enjoy it. I think it is wonderful how excited you are to use technology, and I hope you are able to have a classroom like Mrs. Cassidy.

    ReplyDelete