Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog! Feel free to comment on my posts and don't forget to follow me! I hope you enjoy! :)

Welcome!

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Tiffany Fey and I am 21 years old. I am majoring in Elementary/ Early Childhood/ Special Education and am currently a sophomore/junior at the University of South Alabama. My passion lies in teaching. I love kids and I cannot wait until I am a teacher! I am counting down the days until I can have a classroom I can call my own. ;)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Blog Post #1 About Me!

Me!
Me! :)

Hi! My name is Tiffany Marie Fey and I am 21 years old. I live with both of my parents, Jimmy and Tennie Fey and I am the oldest of three kids: my sister, Pam, 19; and my brother, Tim, 14. My house is pretty crowded because we have 6 dogs! One of which is my weenie dog named Tater Tot; he’s my sweet baby boy. My boyfriend, Phillip, and I have been together for five years and we are planning to get married as soon as we both graduate from college. He is my everything and I am so lucky to have him, he is a really great guy! I am majoring in Elementary/Early Childhood Education and in my fifth semester here at South. ....
I decided to go to South because I have lived in Theodore, AL. my whole life and it is close to home. I have always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little girl and I can finally “see the light at the end of the tunnel”! My hope is to one day own a preschool after I have worked as an Elementary teacher for a few years and I would like to be able to work with special needs children, so I am really glad that the new program for Elementary Ed. has combined them.

My biggest passion right now is my position as the vice president of U.S.A’s Colleges Against Cancer. I love working with the president, Melissa, and I love knowing that I am making a big difference in the world by just donating my time! I decided to join the CAC when my paternal grandfather was diagnosed with aggressive throat cancer this past October. Several other members of my family have had cancer as well, including my maternal grandmother and my great aunt, who both had breast cancer, and my maternal grandfather who has had skin cancer several times. Colleges Against Cancer is an amazing organization to be a part of and it is helping me cope with the fact that I might lose my Grandpa soon. The CAC will be having our Relay For Life on April 1st from 6pm to 6am on the track across from the Mitchell Center and I am staying really busy with helping make everything come together; so that on top of my 18 hours of classes is A LOT of work, so I do not have a job at the moment. Although I would like to have some money, it means more to me to be helping the CAC and helping make a world with more birthdays!

I have many hobbies including: reading pretty much anything (especially historical romance novels), writing poetry and short stories, scrapbooking, holiday decorating, and baking. I love to bake cakes and cupcakes and decorate them! And I’m actually pretty good if I do say so myself! My dream job is to open an educational bakery on the side of my teaching job, for kids and adults alike, and teach them how to bake and decorate their own cakes and cupcakes! I am a hard worker and a put my all into my passions. I love kids and I cannot wait to be a teacher!

A
My family and my boyfriend Phillip.

A
My Tater Tot!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! I really enjoyed reading your post! I cant believe you do all of that! I really admire you for being able to do so much and be more than a full time student. I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather who has cancer. I can only imagine the pain you are going through. You seem to be a very hard worker with a strong passion for what you do. Keep up the good work! It will help you get very far in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney!
    Thank you for the comment! And sometimes I can't believe everything I do either! Haha. Thank you for showing you care about my grandpa, it really means a lot to me! I know me and my family can get through it with the support from family, friends, and the CAC and The American Cancer Society, they are definitely great groups to be apart of! I hope to hear more from you soon! See you around school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my unfulfilled goals for EDM310 to do something charitable. Mr. C's classes provide some support for a school in Darfur. Mr. Lamshed and Mr. McClung do cancer research support activities. Let's talk. Maybe we can do something with your CAC. By the way, I suggest you follow @wmchamberlain, @jlamshed and @jkmcclung

    ReplyDelete